86 05 150Pliers WrenchPliers and a wrench in a single tool
- Replaces the need for sets of metric and imperial spanners
- Smooth jaws for damage free installation of plated fittings - working directly on chrome!
- Also excellent for gripping, holding, pressing and bending workpieces
- Zero backlash jaw pressure prevents damage to edges of sensitive components
- Fast adjustment by pushing a button directly on the workpiece
- No unintentional shift of the gripping jaws and no slipping of the joint
- Parallel jaws give a more solid grip; its design allows flexible adjustment of all widths up to the specified maximum size
- The ratchet type principle allows quick and easy tightening and release of all bolted connections
- Lever transmission greater than 10 : 1 for strong gripping power
- Chrome vanadium electric steel, forged, oil-hardened
Pliers and spanner in a single tool
The small Knipex 86 05 150 pliers wrench – for small components and for work in confined spaces
With its small size of 150 mm, the pliers wrench fits in any pocket, while also replacing a whole set of spanners - metric and imperial. It grips all widths up to 27 mm or 1 inch, and can be adjusted quickly and directly on the component at the push of a button. The hinge bolt then engages securely, preventing inadvertent adjustment. When under tension, the smooth gripping jaws are parallel to each other in every position, and hold the component accurately and with zero backlash, without damaging edges and sensitive surfaces such as chrome or brass - important during plumbing and heating installation for example.
The multi-component grips on the handles are made from two different soft components. These ensure pleasant work and ideal distribution of pressure and force, even during frequent use. The pliers wrench holds even the smallest objects as securely as a bench vice. Thanks to the high press force and parallel jaws, flat objects can be worked on perfectly.
Work according to the ratchet principle: the ratchet function between the gripping jaws permits screwing in a similar way to a ratchet, enabling screw connections to be loosened or tightened quickly without the need to reapply the wrench after every screw movement.
Many additional application options
The pliers wrench grips, screws, bends and presses even hot, sharp-edged, dirty, particularly small or slippery objects. It holds objects powerfully and securely at all times, while also enabling sensitive and measured insertion, such as of connector halves or assembly components. It is also a useful helper when working with contact adhesives (pressing to activate the adhesive force) or when breaking open cable ties. It is an equally versatile aid during installation, maintenance and repair work as when in the car or boat or when out on a motorbike or cycle.
Knipex quality: the 86 05 150 pliers wrench is manufactured in the Knipex factory in Wuppertal-Cronenberg using quality materials. As with the other models of pliers from the Knipex think tank, it stands for top quality and therefore - when used correctly - also for exceptional durability.
Screws, grips, holds, bends and presses
By way of comparison: conventional spanner
With a conventional spanner, the pressing on edges can damage the edges of screws.