85 51 250 AFSpring Hose Clamp PliersWith retainer
- The locking device enables simple and secure work on clamps under tension without effort
- One-hand release
- Can be used for standard, space-saving, spring wire hose clamps and for spring band clamps up to 70 mm nominal size
- Allows more than 40 mm clamping range
- Rotating, universal grip inserts for reliably gripping the clamps in all positions
- Jaw inserts can also be rotated under load
- Extremely good leverage which allows clamps to be opened easily without great effort
- Slim head design; narrow head width, rotating grip inserts make this an ideal tool, especially in confined areas
- Additional function: detach hoses gently using the serrated jaw
- Chrome vanadium electric steel, forged, oil-hardened
Work well with clamps up to a diameter of 70 mm, even where space is restricted
Excellent accessibility also under unfavourable conditions
All types and sizes of spring hose clamps up to a diameter of 70 mm can be safely opened, held and moved over hoses using the Knipex 85 51 250 AF spring hose clamp pliers: from the large spring hose clamp on a charge air hose through to a delicate clamp on a pump in the engine compartment.
The spring hose clamp pliers are slim and adapt to the situation at hand using the rotating jaw inserts.
Apply safely from all angles: rotating jaw inserts
Spring hose clamps are often installed at an angle, e.g. in engine compartments. The rotating universal inserts have been developed for work from any angle. With these spring hose clamp pliers, even clamps in a position that is not installation-friendly can be reached safely from all angles. The spring hose clamp can also be twisted in relation to the pliers while under tension.
Little effort when opening – no physical effort when holding
Due to the adjustable pliers joint, a jaw opening of up to 80 mm is possible. A clamping range of over 40 mm provides enough room to manoeuvre with all sizes of spring hose clamps. The leverage on the Knipex 85 51 250 AF is very high thanks to the long handles, enabling very large spring hose clamps to be opened safely with little effort and well-measured manual force. The locking device, which can be opened with one hand, takes over the holding of the closed clamp.
Versatile spring hose clamp pliers for clamps with a diameter of up to 70 mm
Knipex spring hose clamp pliers: good tool quality for ideal working conditions
Those who spend a lot of time working professionally with tools every day value high quality that permits simple and safe work
From experience, people expect that tools from Knipex will last for many years of hard use. We forge our tools from quality materials, machine them with high precision on modern machinery and harden them with careful multiple stage heat treatment.
Every pair of Knipex pliers represents more than 130 years of specialist know-how.
Operate standard clamps
Standard clamps are operated safely using the jaw inserts on the spring hose clamp pliers.