87 03 180KNIPEX Cobra®High-Tech Water Pump Pliers
- Push the button for adjustment on the workpiece
- Fine adjustment for optimum adaptation to different sizes of workpieces and a comfortable handle width
- Self-locking on pipes and nuts: no slipping on the workpiece and low handforce required
- Gripping surfaces with special hardened teeth, teeth hardness approx. 61 HRC: high wear resistance and stable gripping
- Box-joint design for high stability due to double guide
- Reliable catching of the hinge bolt: no unintentional shifting
- Pinch guard prevents operators' fingers being pinched
- Chrome vanadium electric steel, forged, multi stage oil-hardened
Compact, chrome-plated high-tech water pump pliers
Grip quickly, adjust finely
The Knipex Cobra 87 03 180 with a length of 180 mm is one of the compact models of Cobra water pump pliers from Knipex. The benefits of working with these water pump pliers are plain to see. They are compact, light and stable, can be positioned on the component quickly and are self-locking, e.g. on pipes and nuts.
Due to its compact size, it is particularly suitable for work in confined spaces. Despite this, it achieves a gripping capacity for pipes with a diameter of up to 1 ½ inches or 42 mm and for nuts up to a wrench opening of 36 mm.
For pipes, nuts, sleeves, for various kinds of components: the professional user applies the Knipex Cobra quickly and accurately with just one hand movement. The spring-loaded hinge bolt locks securely into place without adjusting inadvertently. Thanks to the 18-fold fine adjustment, the Knipex Cobra 87 03 180 can be ideally adjusted to different sizes of component. This fine adjustment also ensures that the user is able to find a hand-friendly gripping position for every grip width.
Tough and strong
The Knipex Cobra is further stabilised by the box joint design. Unlike pliers with mounted joints, no tilting forces arise here when under strain. The pliers handles stabilise each other in the joint. The chrome plating ensures ideal rust protection.
Self-locking mechanism ensures a high degree of efficiency
The Knipex Cobra clamps onto the component securely by itself thanks to the jaw geometry developed by Knipex. This means the user can put all energy into the desired movement without pressing the pliers handle together – and thus without energy loss: round components can be turned, bolted connections tightened and released.
Compact high-tech water pump pliers
Knipex Cobra: several manufacturing steps for high tool quality
Professional users expect a tool quality that will last for many hard years of work. We develop and manufacture our pliers for the most demanding users imaginable: for craftsmen. Every pair of pliers from Knipex is manufactured to the highest standards using the best materials. A purchase for many years of use during assembly work, on the building site, in production and in the workshop.
Has a self-locking grip on various sizes of flat, round and angular components