71 31 160 KNIPEX CoBolt® S Compact Bolt Cutters With recess in the cutting edge
- Heavy-duty cutting edge with recess slices through the hardest round materials in only one cutting action
- Extremely high cutting performance in a convenient length of 160 mm
- Small, slim head for excellent accessibility
- Compact and powerful: cuts bolts, nails, rivets etc. up to Ø 4.8 mm
- Cutting edge hardness approx. 64 HRC
- Less physical effort due to efficient lever action mechanism
- Slippage of cutting material reduced by lasered cutting edge
- With gripping surface below the joint for gripping and pulling wires from Ø 1.0 mm
- Blades with recess for easier cutting of larger cross-sections thanks to better leverage close to the fulcrum
- Chrome vanadium heavy-duty steel, forged, multi stage oil-hardened
KNIPEX CoBolt® S bolt cutter: the expert for cutting round materials
KNIPEX CoBolt® S with 25-fold manual force amplification – now also with a recess in the cutting edge for even more effective cutting of round materials
KNIPEX extends the CoBolt® family: The CoBolt® S with a length of 160 millimetres is now also available as the 71 31 160 with a recess in the heavy-duty, approx. 64 HRC cutting edge. Bolts, rivets and nails with a diameter up to 4.4 mm and particularly tough materials such as piano wire and spring steel can now be cut close to the joint in a single cutting action. The enhanced leverage effect close to the pivot point makes cutting large cross-sections easier. In addition to the variant with a recess, the KNIPEX CoBolt® S is of course still available without a recess for optimal use on flat materials. All variants share the same lasered cutting edge which prevents the material being cut from slipping. In addition, the slim pliers head ensures good access even in tight spaces. The textured gripping surface below the joint can also be used to pull wires with a diameter of around 1 mm or more, for example when building fences.
Good grip, even for small hands
This compact bolt cutter is forged from chrome vanadium heavy-duty steel and is multistage oil hardened. Its length of 160 mm makes it suitable even for small hands and its weight of only 200 g makes it easier to use for prolonged periods. It can be easily stored anywhere - even in jacket or trouser pockets. Its small, slim head also ensures good access, even in tight spaces.
The heavy-duty cutting edge with recess cuts even the hardest round materials in a single operation
Compact and really tough: the KNIPEX CoBolt® family
Most bolt cutters derive their brutal cutting power mainly from their large size. The "pocket bolt cutters" of the KNIPEX CoBolt® family are different: They're handy and powerful! In compact sizes of 160, 200 or 250 mm, they cut through even the hardest piano wire thanks to precision cutting edges and efficient joints.
With its slim head, the KNIPEX CoBolt® cuts in places that other bolt cutters can't even get near.