16 95 01 SBKNIPEX ErgoStrip®Universal Stripping Tool
- For fast and precise stripping of all common round and damp-proof installation cables (e.g. NYM cable 3 x 1.5 mm² up to 5 x 2,5 mm²), data cables (e.g. twisted pair) and coax cables
- Innovative, ergonomic pistol grip design for easy cutting, stripping and longitudinal cut of the sheath
- Conical, slimmed down tool ends for better access in confined areas
- Stripping device for cross-sections 0.2 / 0.3 / 0.8 / 1.5 / 2.5 / 4 mm²
- Simplified insertion of single wires for stripping using location ridges
- With opening spring and locking device
- Easy insertion of coax and data cable thanks to opening aid
- Multi-component design with a soft plastic zone for comfortable use and a secure grip
- Housing made from stable glass fibre reinforced plastic
KNIPEX ErgoStrip: ergonomic dismantling and wire stripping
Replaces several tools
Electricians normally use several tools for different types of cable such as round, coaxial and data cable: the requirements of wire stripping differ too much to contain them in one tool. At least that has been the case until now. With the new Knipex ErgoStrip, a number of tools can be left in the tool bag during installation work. This universal dismantling and wire stripping tool makes it possible to dismantle and strip all standard cables in modern house wiring with a few hand movements and without changing tools.
Ergonomic and universal – the trick with the bend
The functional versatility of the universal dismantling and wire stripping tool lies in its design. The two-shell pistol handle design has made it possible to integrate several functions – and the ErgoStrip also sits extremely well in the hand. The ends of the tool are tapered at the front, thereby permitting space-saving dismantling work in flush mounted sockets. Markings inside the tool permit accurately repeated stripping of single conductors and dismantling of coax cables. A simple twist movement when dismantling and stripping, or a straightforward slit in the case of long dismantling distances, and the desired result is achieved.
Slit on the cable, with limit stop in the junction box, accurately on the single conductor
The preparatory work before wiring on a terminal box, distribution box, power or network sockets, can be carried out accurately and in a time-saving manner using the KNIPEX ErgoStrip: slits on the cable to dismantle longer sections, dismantling deep in surface and flush mounted sockets to leave the minimum sheathing required; stripping single conductors and – very important in today’s house wiring – the dismantling and stripping of coaxial cables for satellite and cable networks as well as data cables for home networks (LAN).
3-in-1 universal cable tool for all common round and damp-proof cable, LAN cable and coaxial cable
Special tool from Knipex: well thought out, useful and tough
KNIPEX has a wide range of special tools for the electronics and electrical industries. During dismantling and wire stripping work, the KNIPEX ErgoStrip offers a previously unavailable variety of functions and eases the burden. The great benefits of the tools and safe, comfortable use in everyday work are the results of decades of experience building tools, constant product development and the commitment by KNIPEX towards high quality standards.
Coax and data cable are precisely stripped – accurately repeated where necessary thanks to integrated length scale.