86 03 400 Pliers Wrench XL Pliers and a wrench in a single tool
- The unique installation tool now also in 400 mm length
- For opening widths up to 85 mm / 3 3/8"
- Also excellent for gripping, holding, pressing and bending workpieces
- Optimised adjustment to the workpiece with hand-friendly position of grips
- Reliable catching of the hinge bolt: no unintentional shifting
- Lever transmission greater than 10 : 1 for strong gripping power
- Adjustable tightening tool
- Replaces diverse expensive, large open-end wrenches up to AF 85 mm or 3 3/8"
- Parallel jaws give a more solid grip; its design allows flexible adjustment of all widths up to the specified maximum size
- Smooth jaws, for damage free installation of quality union joints made from brass, red brass or stainless steel
- Zero backlash jaw pressure prevents damage to edges of sensitive components
- The ratchet type principle allows quick and easy tightening and release of all bolted connections
- Push the button for adjustment on the workpiece
- Chrome vanadium electric steel, forged, oil-hardened
Pliers and spanner in a single tool
The Knipex 86 03 400 XL pliers wrench – extremely powerful, for large components
The XL pliers wrench XL with a length of 400 mm is a versatile tool and combines various useful functions. It replaces a whole set of spanners, for example, and large open-end wrenches with its large grip width – metric (up to 85 mm) and imperial (up to 3 3/8 inches). It therefore saves a lot of money, particularly when used frequently on large pipe and hose screw connections, and reduces the weight to be transported. At the same time, it is still so compact that it fits in a tool bag. It can be adjusted very quickly directly on the component at the touch of a button. The hinge bolt then locks into place securely, preventing inadvertent adjustment. When under tension, the smooth gripping jaws are parallel to each other in every position, and hold the component accurately and with zero backlash, without damaging edges and sensitive surfaces such as chrome or brass – important, for example, for plumbing and heating installation.
The excellent mechanics of the XL pliers wrench reinforce the manual force applied 10 times over. With its large leverage, it acts as an extension of your arm. It holds components as securely as a bench vice. Even flat objects can be gripped extremely well and processed simply thanks to the high pressing force and parallel jaws. The proven ergonomics of the handles with plastic coating guarantee an agreeably comfortable, non-slip grip – even with frequent use.
Work is carried out according to the ratchet principle.
The ratchet function between the gripping jaws permits screwing in a similar way to a ratchet, enabling screw connections to be loosened or tightened quickly without the need to reapply the wrench after every screw movement.
Many additional application options
The XL pliers wrench grips, screws, bends and presses even hot, sharp-edged, dirty or slippery objects and reliably grips counter screw joints. It holds objects powerfully and securely at all times, and is a useful helper when working with contact adhesives (pressing to activate the adhesive force), when breaking open cable ties or breaking the edges of tiles.
Knipex quality: the 86 03 400 XL pliers wrench is manufactured in the Knipex factory in Wuppertal-Cronenberg using quality materials. As with the other models of pliers from the Knipex think tank, it stands for top quality and therefore - when used correctly - also for exceptional durability.
Screws, grips, holds, bends and presses
By way of comparison: conventional spanner
With a conventional spanner, the pressing on edges can damage the edges of screws.