87 02 250KNIPEX Cobra®High-tech Water Pump Pliers
- With slim multi-component grips without collar for better handling and easier transport
- Push the button for adjustment on the workpiece
- Fine adjustment for optimum adaptation to different sizes of workpieces and a comfortable handle width
- Self-locking on pipes and nuts: no slipping on the workpiece and low handforce required
- Gripping surfaces with special hardened teeth, teeth hardness approx. 61 HRC: high wear resistance and stable gripping
- Box-joint design for high stability due to double guide
- Reliable catching of the hinge bolt: no unintentional shifting
- Pinch guard prevents operators' fingers being pinched
- Chrome vanadium electric steel, forged, multi stage oil-hardened
The high-tech water pump pliers
Grip quickly, adjust finely
The benefits of working with the Knipex Cobra are plain to see: these water pump pliers are light and stable, can be adjusted on the component quickly at the touch of a button and are self-locking on pipes and nuts. With their slim multi-component grips without collar, the Cobra 87 02 250 can be very easily transported and used in confined spaces.
For pipes, nuts, sleeves, for various kinds of components: the professional user applies the Knipex Cobra quickly and accurately with just one hand movement. The spring-loaded hinge bolt locks securely into place without adjusting inadvertently. Thanks to the 25-fold fine adjustment, the Cobra can be ideally adjusted to different sizes of the component. This fine adjustment also makes sure that the distance to the handles remains hand-friendly for every grip width.
Tough and strong
The Knipex Cobra is further stabilised by the box joint design. Unlike pliers with mounted joints, no tilting forces arise when under strain. The handles stabilise each other in the joint.
Self-locking mechanism ensures a high degree of efficiency
The Knipex Cobra clamps onto the component securely by itself thanks to the jaw geometry developed by Knipex. This means the user can put all energy into the desired movement without pressing the pliers handle together – and thus without energy loss: round components can be turned, bolted connections tightened and released.
Modern high performance water pump pliers
Knipex Cobra: several manufacturing steps for high tool quality
We forge the Knipex Cobra from chrome vanadium steel, and use a multiple stage hardening process to give it the ideal balance between hardness and toughness. This makes it extremely durable. To achieve a lasting secure “bite” on the work component, we use high-frequency current to bring the gripping teeth to a hardness of approx. 61 HRC.
Professional users expect a tool quality that will last for many hard years of work. We develop and manufacture our pliers for the most demanding users imaginable: for craftsmen. Every pair of pliers from Knipex is manufactured to the highest standards using the best materials. A purchase for many years of use during assembly work, on the building site, in production and in the workshop.
Has a self-locking grip on various sizes of flat, round and angular components