87 26 250KNIPEX Cobra® VDEHigh-Tech Water Pump Pliers, insulated
- Adjustment by sliding one jaw directly on to the workpiece: fast, reliable and comfortable handling
- Fine adjustment: allows optimum adjustment to differently sized workpieces and comfortable handle position
- Good access to the workpiece due to slim size of head and joint area
- Self-locking on pipes and nuts: no slipping on the workpiece and low handforce required
- Gripping surfaces with special hardened teeth, teeth hardness approx. 61 HRC: high wear resistance and stable gripping
- Box-joint design for high stability due to double guide
- Pinch guard prevents operators' fingers being pinched
- Chrome vanadium electric steel, forged, multi stage oil-hardened
The high-tech water pump pliers
Grip quickly, adjust finely
The benefits of working with the Knipex Cobra are plain to see: these water pump pliers are light and stable and are self-locking, e.g. on pipes and nuts. The chrome-plated surface gives the Cobra 87 26 250 VDE particularly good rust protection.
For pipes, nuts, sleeves, for various kinds of components: apply the Knipex Cobra quickly and accurately with just one hand movement. The Cobra VDE is opened away from the component simply by a touch of a button. Place the upper handle on the component and adjust by sliding closed using the insulated handle of the pliers. The spring-loaded hinge bolt locks securely into place without adjusting inadvertently.
Tough and strong
The Knipex Cobra is further stabilised by the box joint design. Unlike pliers with mounted joints, no tilting forces arise when under strain. The handles stabilise each other in the joint.
Self-locking mechanism ensures a high degree of efficiency
The Knipex Cobra clamps onto the component securely by itself thanks to the jaw geometry developed by Knipex. This means the user can put all energy into the desired movement without pressing the pliers handle together – and thus without energy loss: round components can be turned, bolted connections tightened and released.
Modern high performance water pump pliers
Knipex Cobra: several manufacturing steps for high tool quality
We forge the Knipex Cobra from chrome vanadium steel, and use a multiple stage hardening process to give it the ideal balance between hardness and toughness. This makes it extremely durable. To achieve a lasting secure “bite” on the work component, we use high-frequency current to bring the gripping teeth to a hardness of approx. 61 HRC.
Professional users expect a tool quality that will last for many hard years of work. We develop and manufacture our pliers for the most demanding users imaginable: for craftsmen. Every pair of pliers from Knipex is manufactured to the highest standards using the best materials. A purchase for many years of use during assembly work, on the building site, in production and in the workshop.
Has a self-locking grip on various sizes of flat, round and angular components.