87 22 250 KNIPEX Cobra® QuickSet High-tech Water Pump Pliers
- Fully open, push, grab!
- Additional fast adjustment on the workpiece by sliding the pliers handle
- Combines the proven, reliable locking of the hinge bolt with an additional push function which makes it easier to work in very confined and inaccessible areas
- The adjustment directly on the workpiece is possible by simply sliding the pliers handle
- Reliable locking of the hinge bolt with the first workload. The gripping width of the pliers is then fixed and can only be adjusted by pressing the button.
- To re-activate the sliding function, the hinge bolt must be released by pressing the push button and the pliers must be completely opened again
- Chrome vanadium electric steel, forged, multi stage oil-hardened
High-tech water pump pliers with fast adjustment and multi-component handle
Adjust directly on the component using slide function
The benefits of working with the Knipex Cobra are plain to see: these water pump pliers are light and stable, thanks to the unique QuickSet technology can be adjusted as quick as a flash on the component and are self-locking on pipes and nuts. The QuickSet function supplements all proven properties of the Knipex Cobra, adding a slide function for easier working in very confined and inaccessible places.
Grip quickly, adjust finely
For pipes, nuts, sleeves, for various kinds of components: slide the Knipex Cobra QuickSet open completely, place the upper jaw on the component and push the lower handle of the pliers up the component. The spring-loaded hinge bolt locks securely into place and can only be moved again by pressing the QuickSet button. Thanks to the 25-fold fine adjustment, the Cobra QuickSet can be ideally adjusted to different sizes of the component. This fine adjustment also makes sure that the distance to the handles remains hand-friendly for every opening width.
The Knipex Cobra QuickSet clamps onto the component securely by itself thanks to the jaw geometry developed by Knipex. This means the user can put all energy into the desired movement without pressing the pliers handle together – and thus without energy loss: round components can be turned, bolted connections tightened and released.
Tough and strong
We forge the Cobra QuickSet from chrome vanadium steel and use a multiple stage hardening process to give it the ideal balance between hardness and toughness. This makes it extremely durable. To achieve a lasting secure “bite” on the work component, we use high-frequency current to bring the gripping teeth to a hardness of approx. 61 HRC.
The Cobra QuickSet is further stabilised by the box joint design. Unlike pliers with mounted joints, no tilting forces arise when under strain. The handles stabilise each other in the joint.
Modern high performance water pump pliers
Several manufacturing, hardening and tempering steps for a solid, balanced tool
Professional users expect a tool quality that will last for many hard years of work. We develop and manufacture our pliers for the most demanding users imaginable: for craftsmen. Every pair of pliers from Knipex is manufactured to the highest standards using the best materials. A purchase for many years of use during assembly work, on the building site, in production and in the workshop.
Hinge bolt locks into place under strain