87 51 250 KNIPEX Cobra® ES Water Pump Pliers extra-slim
- Ideal for service, maintenance and equipment repair, in automotive and general industry
- Long, narrow jaws
- Particularly good access to the workpiece due to very slim construction of head and joint area
- Firm grip also on flat material due to three-point rest
- Push the button for adjustment on the workpiece
- Fine adjustment for optimum adaptation to different sizes of workpieces and a comfortable handle width
- Self-locking on pipes and nuts: no slipping on the workpiece and low handforce required
- Box-joint design for high stability due to double guide
- Reliable catching of the hinge bolt: no unintentional shifting
- Favourable lever action: optimum transmission of force
- Pinch guard prevents operators' fingers being pinched
- Chrome vanadium electric steel, forged, multi stage oil-hardened
The high-tech water pump pliers
For work in poorly accessible areas
The benefits of working with the Knipex Cobra are plain to see: these water pump pliers are light and stable, can be adjusted on the component quickly at the touch of a button and are self-locking on pipes and nuts.
Grip quickly, adjust finely
For pipes, nuts, sleeves, for various kinds of components: apply the Knipex Cobra quickly and accurately with just one hand movement. The spring-loaded hinge bolt locks securely into place without adjusting inadvertently. The design of the gripping surfaces ensures a three-point contact on components with parallel surfaces and thus for a secure grip also on flat parts. Thanks to the 19-fold fine adjustment, the Cobra can be ideally adjusted to different sizes of the component. This fine adjustment also ensures that the distance to the handles remains hand-friendly for every opening width. Due to its extremely compact shape, the Cobra ES 87 51 250 offers considerable scope especially in confined spaces.
Tough and strong
The Knipex Cobra clamps onto the component securely by itself thanks to the jaw geometry developed by Knipex. This means the user can put all energy into the desired movement without pressing the pliers handle together – and thus without energy loss: round components can be turned, bolted connections tightened and released.
Modern high performance water pump pliers
Knipex Cobra ES: several manufacturing steps for high tool quality
We forge the Knipex Cobra from chrome vanadium steel, and use a multiple stage hardening process to give it the ideal balance between hardness and toughness. This makes it extremely durable. To achieve a lasting secure “bite” on the work component, we use high-frequency current to bring the gripping teeth to a hardness of approx. 61 HRC.
Professional users expect a tool quality that will last for many hard years of work. We develop and manufacture our pliers for the most demanding users imaginable: for craftsmen. Every pair of pliers from Knipex is manufactured to the highest standards using the best materials. A purchase for many years of use during assembly work, on the building site, in production and in the workshop.
Has a self-locking grip on various sizes of flat, round and angular components