78 71 125 ESDElectronic Super Knips® ESD
- With lead catcher - no uncontrolled loss of cut wire ends
- Cutting edges additionally induction-hardened, cutting edge hardness approx. 62 HRC
- Special tool steel, burnished
- Precision pliers for ultra fine cutting work, e. g. in electronics and fine mechanics
- Electrically discharging handles - dissipative
- Ground, very sharp cutting edges without bevel
- Shear cut with controlled micro cutting edge misalignment for the most precise cutting of even the thinnest of wires and for a long service life
- Precisely shaped tips cut wires close to a surface from Ø 0.2 mm
- Joint with stainless steel rivet
- Extremely smooth movement for minimum operator fatigue
- With opening spring and opening limiter
Cut abutting, fine wire accurately – ESD protection for electronics
Extremely sharp cutting edges made from oil-hardened, high-grade special tool steel
The Knipex Electronic Super Knips is made from special tool steel. The cutting edges are ground without bevel and hardened to approx. 64 HRC for flush cutting. Thanks to the precision tips, it is also possible to cut fine wire accurately, e.g. wire touching enclosures and components. The Electronic Super Knips 78 71 125 ESD also cuts fibre optic cable.
Work involving dexterity: low weight and smooth operation
Great dexterity is needed when working on electronic components and in precision engineering. Due to its frictionless handle spring, the Knipex Electronic Super Knips 78 71 125 ESD is so smooth-running that energy can be dispensed very precisely – with dexterity. Opening spring and opening restrictor simplify work further. The integrated wire clamp prevents wire sections from springing back in an uncontrolled manner: a safety aspect, particularly when cutting wires in enclosures containing electronic assemblies.
ESD protection to prevent uncontrolled electrostatic discharge
Sudden discharge resulting from electrostatic charging differences is a concern especially in electronics. With the Knipex 78 71 125 ESD, electrostatic energy is discharged in a constant, controlled manner via the handles. The handles are conductive – they are not insulating – so that a slow, safe charge equalisation is possible. With the ESD protection through dissipative discharge, the Knipex 78 71 125 Electronic Super Knips satisfies the strict standards IEC TR 61 340-5, DIN EN 61 340-5 and SP Method 2472.
Precision pliers for the finest cutting work in electronics and precision engineering: shear cut with controlled micro cutting edge misalignment
Knipex 78 71 125 ESD Electronic Super Knips: safety and quality
The Knipex Electronic Super Knips provides ESD protection conforming to standards for work on sensitive electronics, and is highly valued by radio technicians, industrial electricians, mechatronics engineers and electronics engineers.
Further arguments speak in favour of these electronics pliers: the particularly smooth operation, low weight, outstanding cutting precision and long tool life.
These advantages are the visible results of decades of toolmaking experience, continuous development and Knipex’s commitment to high quality standards: from selection of materials and machining, through to finishing.