95 12 200 Cable Shears With twin cutting edge
- For cutting copper and aluminium cables
- Not suitable for steel wire and hard drawn copper conductors
- Precision-ground, hardened blades
- Clean and smooth cut without crushing and deformation
- By dividing the cutting actions into initial cut (insulating sheath in the front cutting area) and final cut (conductor in the back cutting area), cables up to Ø 20 mm can be cut in one-hand operation
- Low handforce required due to favourable lever ratio and special blade geometry
- Pinch guard prevents operators' fingers being pinched
- Adjustable bolted joint, self-retaining screw
- High-grade special tool steel, forged, oil-hardened
Cut cable with large cross-sections professionally
Cut stranded Cu and Al cable up to 70 mm² in two operations
The twin cutting edge of the Knipex 95 12 200 is special in two respects: with larger cable cross-sections there is an initial cut into the insulating sheath in the front cutter profile; the metal conductors are subsequently cut in the back cutter profile. This division of work on the cutting edge makes work easier for the user. The initial cut in the front profile also provides a hand-friendly grip position for large cross-sections.
Only cut cable using the cable shears
Unlike diagonal cutters with blades that meet at an obtuse angle and which crush cable insulation, the Knipex 95 12 200 cable shears cut with the twin cutting edge using a scissors action. They are therefore excellent for shortening stranded and finely stranded Cu and Al cables, also with large cross-sections. For reasons of design, the cable shears must not be used to cut steel wire or hard drawn copper conductors
Knipex 95 12 200: ergonomic and technically ideal for house wiring work
These cable shears with twin cutting edge conserve the manual force of the fitter and protect the cable insulation from crushing and from deformation. The precision ground, hardened twin cutting edge delivers lasting clean, even cuts. Due to the favourable transmission ratio, comparatively little effort is required. The precisely running bolted joint contributes to comfortable work using these cable shears. The bolted joint is self-locking and can be adjusted where necessary.
Cable shears with twin cutting edge for cutting solid, multicore and finely stranded Cu and Al cable
Knipex quality – the cable shears with the twin cutting edge
Knipex cable shears with the twin cutting edge are a tool for electrical installation. Those who use tools a lot and professionally every day expect a quality that permits simple and safe work as well as a tool that lasts for many years of hard use.
We therefore forge our tools from quality materials, machine them with great precision on up-to-date tool machinery, and harden them carefully using repeated heat treatment.
Every pair of Knipex pliers represents more than 130 years of specialist know-how.