88 01 250KNIPEX Alligator®Water Pump Pliers
- Good access to the workpiece due to slim size of head and joint area
- More output and comfort compared to conventional water pump pliers of the same length: 9-notch adjustment positioning for 30 % more gripping capacity
- Self-locking on pipes and nuts: no slipping on the workpiece and low handforce required
- Gripping surfaces with special hardened teeth, teeth hardness approx. 61 HRC: high wear resistance and stable gripping
- Box-joint design for high stability due to double guide
- Robust construction, insensitive to dirt; particularly suitable for outdoor work
- Pinch guard prevents operators' fingers being pinched
- Chrome vanadium electric steel, forged, multi stage oil-hardened
Energy-saving, tough and slim water pump pliers
Full torque on pipes and nuts thanks to self-locking effect
After gripping into the work piece, the Knipex Alligator holds onto pipes and nuts by itself. This self-locking effect is possible thanks to the special jaw geometry developed by Knipex. The user does not need to press the handles together, but can convert all energy directly into torque. This feature pays off in particular when loosening bolted connections that have become stuck.
Compact design – big gripping capacity
Plumbing and heating work is often performed in confined spaces. The arched adjustment slot and slim head shape of the Knipex Alligator are an advantage here. As compact as these pliers are, the possible grip widths are surprisingly large due to the 9-step locking adjustment: pipes up to 50 mm (2 inches) and nuts up to 46 mm, which is 30 % more than with standard water pump pliers
Stable and wear-resistant – also when used outside
The Knipex Alligator with its box joint design and double guide offers very high stability for professional use. The teeth on the gripping surfaces have been induction hardened to approx. 61 HRC. This guarantees a very long tool life with an ever “biting” hold on the component. The Knipex Alligator is sturdily built, easy to clean and thus an ideal tool for working outdoors.
Energy-saving water pump pliers for a secure grip
Knipex Alligator: several manufacturing steps for high tool quality
We forge the Knipex Alligator from chrome vanadium steel and use a multiple stage hardening process to give it the ideal balance between hardness and toughness. This makes it extremely durable. To achieve a lasting secure “bite” on the work component, we use high-frequency current to bring the gripping teeth to a hardness of approx. 61 HRC.
Professional users expect a tool quality that will last for several years of hard use. We therefore develop and manufacture our pliers for the most demanding users imaginable: for craftsmen. Every pair of pliers from Knipex is manufactured to the highest standards using the best materials. A purchase for many years of safe, reliable work.
High gripping capacity: grip self-locking nuts and screws with a diameter of up to 46 mm.